Women of the World Endowment invests in sustainable communities and economies by centralizing women in solving our biggest challenges
Our belief is that who allocates capital determines the purpose of capital, which drives our focus on large-scale systems change through gender diverse capital allocation.
Women of the World Endowment (WoWE) was created with a bold vision—build a $5B endowment, over 10 years to centralize the role of women as economic, environmental, and social changemakers who are creating a high growth future.
As an investment nonprofit we are laser-focused on delivering market rate returns, maximizing impact outcomes, and accelerating the capital markets to realize the potential of investing in “What If?” moonshot ideas.
Join WoWE in this mission
Invest through WoWE by donating to our 100% mission-aligned endowment, growing the amount that can be invested in for-profit and nonprofits impact returns. Co-invest with WoWE by participating in our transaction syndications in our private market or grant portfolios, thereby creating efficiencies and scaling impact. Learn from WoWE by reaching out to our Advisory team about what your organization can do to benefit from gender diverse investing.
1. Sonali Basak and Jeff Green, “Female CFOs Brought in $1.8 Trillion More than Male Peers,” Bloomberg, October 16, 2019, https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-16/female-cfos-brought-in-1-8-trillion-more-than-male-peers.
3. “Women in Alternative Investments: Building Momentum in 2013 and Beyond,” Rothstein Kass Institute, December 2012.
5. “Women Make Up Just 14 Per Cent of Partners at UK Private” 235 Equity Firms and Hedge Funds,” Private Equity Wire, August 31, 2018, https://www.privateequitywire.co.uk/email/267911;
6. Karen Firestone, “When Will We See More Gender Equality in Investing?,” Harvard Business Review, March 25, 2019, https://hbr.org/2019/03/when-will-we-see-more-gender-equality-in-investing; “Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship,” Harvard Kennedy School Women and Public Policy Program,accessed December 18, 2021, https://wappp.hks.harvard.edu/venture-capital-and-entrepreneurship.
7. Jonathan Woetzel et al., “How Advancing Women’s Equality Can Add $12 Trillion to Global Growth,” McKinsey Global Institute, September 1, 2015, https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/employment-and-growth/how-advancing-womens-equality-can-add-12-trillion-to-global-growth.
8. Gompers and Kovvali, “Other Diversity Dividend.
9. “All Raise All In: Women in the VC Ecosystem,” PitchBook, November 11, 2019, https://pitchbook.com/news/reports/2019-pitchbook-all-raise-all-in-women-in-the-vc-eco-system.